WordPress recently released a major update in version 3.9 and I’ve been getting a lot of emails from clients and past clients from, “I can’t change the size of my images like I use to”, “my font size changed after updating”, to “my plugin isn’t working with the new version of WordPress”.
Before we get to the new features in WordPress 3.9 let’s talk a little about plugin conflicts, which there are many (just type in your browser “what plugins have conflict with 3.9” and you’ll get a list and even some fixes).
If you are having a challenge with your site after updating to 3.9 it could be a plugin conflict:
- Deactivate all your plugins
- Activate one and look at your site or add new page/post to see if the challenge has been fixed (Your site will look different because all your plugins are deactivated)
- Repeat # 2 until you find the plugin conflict
Now on to the new features of WordPress 3.9:
- Drop and Drag Image Uploads
- Live Gallery Previews
- Resizing and Editing Images in Post Editor
- Copy Paste Directly From MicroSoft Word
- Flat Plain Text Editor Buttons
- Live Widget Previews in Theme Customizer
- Improved New Theme Screen
- Audio/Video Playlists
- Plus a lot of other “technical” stuff”
For a complete look at these new features check out WP Beginner’s article What’s New in WordPress 3.9
And if you have any challenges or plugin conflicts, please leave a comment below.